Friday, May 18, 2007

Luang Prabang, Laos











On Thursday I finally pulled myself away from Angkor Wat and headed north to Luang Prabang in northern Laos. Throughout my trip I have heard other backpackers rave about Loas and especially this city so I am eager to see it for myself. Luang Prabang is filled with french colonial architecture, decorated with Buddhist wats and surrounded by emerald green mountains. This is an ideal place to relax before I enter the madenss that is known as Bangkok. Spent a half-day here enjoying the Tat Kuang Si waterfalls - notice the turquoise-green pools.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well, if you ever decide to give up the accounting field, you could be a photographer. All your photos are in focus, well-framed, and most of all, very interesting. Lou particularly likes the one of the night market. Mac is so pleased you are doing this and has become more interested in Asia in general. And we are both happy you are our nephew! Many hugs and kisses to you. Lou and Mac